Thursday, February 15, 2007

Christian Tennis Association Memphis: Day 3

Sunup till sundown and beyond...

I've been on the phone or computer for 11 of the last 12 hours. Getting everything done by Saturday is not gonna happen... but it'll be fun trying!

For those of you who don't know me, I love to work. I love taking on a big fat challenge, then carefully and methodically getting the job done... one step at a time... day by day... minute by minute... however long it takes... till it's done... totally done.

And I love taking on several challenges to give me some variety.

Today, I spent time developing 4 other mission trips we'll do this Spring. Last minute things such as negotiating hotel rates for my tennis tours, sending in $ to pay f0r booths and product, developing newsletters, T-shirts, brochures....

I also worked on promo material for Serving Our God 2007! our 20-week, 11 tournament, 2 country mission tour to famous tournaments... and planning our route and partners and sponsors for our 2008 tour.

An interesting and exciting aspect of today was that God opened a door for our mission team to attend the US Men's Claycourt Championships in Houston for FREE! Totally paid for 100%... even the hotel rooms at the player's hotel, which will be awesome when I spend time with our sponsors!

God is so good. Mel is back from her mission trip. That means the bills will get paid. Mel is ICTA's bookkeeper. I stink at bookkeeping. Rachel's team will meet us Saturday in Birmingham, Alabama at Nasser's house. We'll all spend the night there, then drive early Sunday morning to Memphis.

Oh, one more thing. The Jehovah Witnesses showed up today at the house. Like clockwork those folks appear just before a major mission trip! So funny. I had fun talking to them. They left pretty confused. I'll spend some more time with them when we get back from Memphis.

Thanks for your emails of support today! Especially my friends in Pakistan and Iran. Thanks Kim for your $ advice today. Meant so much!

Growing the game and sharing His fame,

Scott Paschal
International Christian Tennis Association