Monday, February 19, 2007

Christian Tennis Association- Memphis Trip-Day 7


This has been a tremendously fruitful day. I've had a blast and have been so grateful to God for blessing every minute.

Today was our first official "full" day at the tournament. We enjoyed close to record breaking numbers of new members! And these members are a passionate bunch! I can see a strong ministry growing for ICTA Tennessee.

I was sooo proud of my staff today.

Rachel Snelen is truly one of the most amazing missionaries I have ever known.

The ministry Rachel provided in Canada to the players at the ITF $50,000 Challenger was tremendous... especially how she has an ability to reach players from the top 100 WTA to the 1000's.

For her to lead a mission trip to Canada, then meet us for Memphis is amazing. Then to watch her work with hundreds of people today, all the while smiling and making people feel warm and welcome, leaves me speechless.

Our tennis camp was fun. We hit at a local park... twice today. Then everyone showered and at at a local restaurant which is comping our meals for the week. So great to have a top restaurant nearby which feeds everyone in our group at no cost! We are thankful to them. Ana joined us at the tournament and participated in her first mission trip ever! She is so excited. One of the players in the tournament is becoming my friend and I look forward to Ana hitting with her and getting to know her.

Mark, Joseph, and Tel are having a good time. Tomorrow, they'll watch matches in the morning, then go train at the park. I'll also begin training them at our booth. It can be a bit daunting to speak with several hundred people a day, but they'll do well and I'm excited they have this opportunity at such a young age.

Finally, my tennis tour company is kicking tail in Memphis! We have at least 10 - 12 people who are very, very serious about coming to the 2007 US Open with me. At this rate I'd guestimate I'll have 70 to 90 ICTA Tennessee members come with me! Which would make us either the 2nd or 3rd largest tennis tour group worldwide to go to the big show. My goal is to bring 100 guests, but maybe I need to look to increase it a bit! We still have 10 mission trips to go before the 2007 US OPEN begins...

To the Jewish kid who keeps hanging out at my booth asking questions and wanting to come train with me in Florida... "Dude, you were wearing the Tennis Hall of Fame tshirt. How big is God and that should answer your question." And tell your dad to give me some free BBQ coupons! :)

God bless each of you. This is an amazing mission trips and God is working. I can't hardly wait until tomorrow!

Growing the game and sharing His fame,

Scott Paschal
www.christiantennis.net