Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Christian Tennis Association- Memphis Trip-Day 8



Neat kid, huh? This little guy is hoping to win a tennis racket I'm giving away to one lucky new International Christian Tennis Association member! He was a fun kid who asked a lot of good questions!

Today started out so slow... snail slow. I thought there was a funeral or something. Like we had maybe two new members join all morning!

I wondered if I had for got to wear deodorant.

But, after 2pm rolled around things really began getting busy, really busy.

I have to give Rachel and Melody Snelen a lot of credit for how hard they worked today, especially after how busy yesterday was. Both girls are amazing and tremendous examples to my whole academy.

A couple of neat things happened today you might like to know about. First, God led a little Grandmother to talk with me today. She was sad, lonely, and depressed. Her friend had even just recently died. She told me she no longer wanted to live... and was ready to end her life. So we talked about Jesus, and her purpose on this earth for Him. It made an impact.

I also spoke with a dad of a player whose career I've followed for a while. He and I agreed we had a meeting set up by God. Both of us felt blessed and we both look forward to growing our relationships. I look forward to supporting her career in a more public and vocal way, now!

ICTA gained many wonderful new members, today. And a large amount of them want to go with me to the 2007 US OPEN for my first major tennis tour. It's exciting to see one of my longtime dreams coming true! We're also forming a solid core of members to come with me to the 2008 Australian Open. So great to think about it for me!

I would talk a bit about the celebrity type people I was able to connect with, but I would be concerned it would come across as "look at me" type stuff, and people who know me know I'm not that way, but those who just visit our blogs wouldn't know. That said, I had a great time this afternoon developing relationships with some neat people in the tennis world.

This is the point in the mission trips where we become very, very tired and drained. Yet, by tomorrow we'll all begin to get stronger and become more battle hardened or match tough. For me this is just a warm up event for a huge next 6 months.

Brian, thanks for the words on the phone. Tim, so glad to have an amazing future with you and look forward to business opportunities together. Russty, the dude calling was just a goon trying to scare me and has been taken care of. And big bro, I was thinking about you today.

Will post more pics soon! Thank you so much for your prayers. They are needed and appreciated. God bless each of you!

Growing the game and sharing His fame,

Scotty