Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Christian Tennis Association- Memphis Trip-Day 9


God is good. God is so good! The International Christian Tennis Association enjoyed an unbelievable day of Christian ministry to so many people in need of God's love. There isn't room in this blog for me to write enough about what all happened today.



One of the highlights of the day for me was spending time with a man who is feeling called to a closer relationship with Jesus. God was all over our time together. Most people would feel this man is quite prestigious, yet he just feels a void. A God-sized void. I think now God has entered his daily life and this wonderful man sees his purpose. God is so good.

Here's a pic of Spadea. Take a look at the price tag hanging from his jacket! I had to get a shot of it. Vince is awesome. He is a neat guy who does good things for people. I gave him a Prayer of Jabez book and we talked. I first met Vince a few years ago. When his career ends I look forward to spending more time with him and developing his opportunities off-court.

Conrad called today. He located a tremendous rate at a hotel for our tennis tour to the 2007 US OPEN. I'm really excited at this rate! My tennis tour company will be offer amazing prices on our hotel/ticket packages. Thank, Conrad!


For those of you who don't know Conrad, he has done many amazing things with his life... but the one that means the most to me is that Conrad was the original person who thought up the ICTA back in the late 70's! It failed to take off back then, but God has brought Conrad full circle back to ICTA after an incredible business career. Conrad is a friend and mentor I am grateful for.The crowds we big today. Sorry about the color of this pic, but the lighting was bad. Thurs-Sun we expect 45,000+ to attend! This will be amazing!

The vendor's area is doubling in size tonite. Tomorrow morning 20 new vendors will appear! The weekend visitors will have a blast. Haas, Roddick, Venus... the tournament has big names and I expect excited people!

Here's a pic of Ana, 'Tel, and Mel. 'Tel just earned her WTA ranking last week in Canada! I'm really proud of her! The WTA tour is checking to see if she is the first Samoan in history to earn a WTA ranking!

Ana was able to practice with a top 100 WTA player today! They hit and played a practice set... Ana lost 6-2... but played well and everyone saw Ana is not far from the top level. I fully expect her to play in this tournament next year. I plan to throw everything I have into helping her achieve her dreams.

I was interviewed by the TV news tonite. The reporter was a neat guy and I look forward to him sending me a DVD copy of his report.

Hey, one final thing before I log off. I spent some time speaking with some tennis industry bigshots. They are Christian.

One thing we spoke about that I'd like to hear from you on... if a a major string manufacturer uses their powerful influence to bash, or support people who bash, Christians or other religions... do you feel that is ok, and do you feel you would want to continue purchasing their products? Please write me at ballyboy4jesus@yahoo.com and be detailed in your thoughts!

Here are a couple of pics from the tournament I thought you would like to see...




God bless each of you and thank you so much for your prayers and emails of support! ICTA is reaching 70,000+ on this mission trip and we thank God for the opportunity to reflect Him.

Growing the game and sharing His fame!

Scott Paschal
www.christiantennis.net